Why Should You Work At Filtered?
Filtered is disrupting technical hiring by changing the way interviewing is done. Our solutions utilize AI and Machine Learning in a socially responsible way to ensure we remove unconscious bias from the interviewing process and filter out cheaters. This leads to a much more equitable technical hiring process and more diverse technical teams. Our solutions also take advantage of our knowledge in the HR and Technical Hiring space to; produce a fluid technical assessment / interview pipeline, reduce time spent interviewing, and reduce time to hire.
Filtered is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with a focus on Data Insights and Performance Tuning. We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about proactively optimizing cloud native web applications and NOSQL databases to ensure they scale successfully with our growing customer base. This person will also be expected to expand and grow the engineering organizations knowledge about NOSQL database tuning (MongoDB, Big Query, etc), and API / Data Pipeline best practices. Filtered is a fast growing company so this person should also be able to jump into backend application engineering delivery as needed to enhance our data capabilities.
• Experience building and delivering backend systems that are easily scalable and maintainable for a fast growing company.
• Extremely self-motivated and able to set priorities based on team needs.
• Significant experience with various NOSQL and Cloud Native Databases specifically MongoDB, Big Query, etc.
• Experience with building and tuning data pipelines / transformations.
• Deep understanding of performance characteristics of MongoDB, and Big Query.
• Experience with GCP database, data pipeline, and data storage offerings.
• Experience working with product engineering teams to help them improve backend performance.
• Experience with data taxonomies, metadata, event data, etc. and how these things can be used to gain insights.
• Delivering backend feature enhancements and product health improvements.
• Enhancing Filtered database architecture to ensure continued scale and high performance.
• Recommending new data architectures as our data grows and evolves.
• Teaching the team about performance tuning and NOSQL concepts.
• Improving our data taxonomy and data collection capabilities.
• Documenting performance tuning best practices.