At Filtered, we’re on a mission to fix technical hiring
We’re building the next generation of hiring tools that enable companies of all sizes to dramatically reduce the effort and time it takes to make technical hires. We are a Boston-based, VC-backed startup that is aggressively expanding our team following our recent funding. We count Coca-Cola, Lyft, and many other household name brands as customers, and we are seeing record growth as the pandemic has dramatically increased demand for our product.
About the role
We are seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer to help drive forward our product initiatives and move towards a services based infrastructure. Working as a member of the development team, you will help develop our platform services, APIs, and product capabilities; as well as provide thought leadership, knowledge transfer to other engineers, and help guide the strategic direction of the platform.
- Develop and maintain APIs and services for use within the Filtered Platform.
- Collaborate with other development teams and the product owner to define and estimate business requirements and then translate these into specific software tasks.
- Hands on software development in various projects and languages.
- Provide exemplary code, structure, design, etc. for the platform services team to use as guidelines.
- Document designs, architecture, code.
- Conduct code reviews.
- Lead technical talks on a variety of issues.
- Design and implement performant, scalable, and maintainable solutions.
- Collaborate as a member of an agile team to get products developed and completed with best in class software development.
- Mentor less senior engineers.
- Great communication skills.
- End-to-end understanding of modern application architectures is required.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is required.
- Big picture orientation with strong attention to detail is required.
- Experience with object-oriented development is required.
- Proficiency in unit and functional testing is required.
- Experience with RESTful API development and integration is required.
- Experience with NodeJS, Python and Java frameworks is required.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes based microservice architectures is required.
- Experience architecting solutions in AWS, Azure, or GCP is required.
- Experience with MySQL, PostgresSQL or equivalent RDBMS is required.
- Experience with source repositories (git/Bitbucket) required.
- Experience with functional programming is preferred.